Silicon Image Announces the SiI6300 Family of Third-Generation WirelessHD 60GHz Chipsets
Silicon Image announced its upcoming third-generation WirelessHD(R) 60GHz chipsets, the SiI6300 family consisting of the SiI6320 HRTX Network Processor, SiI6321 HRRX Network Processor and SiI6310 HRTR RF Transceiver. The introduction of the latest WirelessHD chipsets will mark a major milestone for Silicon Image, placing it at the forefront of delivering true uncompressed and lossless 1080p Full HD audio and video via a cost-effective, end-to-end wireless video solution for consumer electronics (CE), personal computing (PC) and mobile applications. The latest Silicon Image chipsets are designed to support the latest WirelessHD 1.1 features including support for 1080p/60, 36-bit Deep Color video, all 3D formats and a host of link robustness improvements.
The SiI6300 family of products is also designed to be more cost-effective and lower power, and to feature a smaller form-factor compared to the previous generation SB9200. Each chipset will include a Network Processor and an RF Transceiver.
- The SiI6320 HRTX Network Processor and the SiI6310 HRTR RF Transceiver are targeted for design into mobile devices such as notebook PCs and tablets as well as CE devices including A/V receivers, home theater-in-a-box systems, Blu-ray Disc™ players and set-top boxes.
- The SiI6321 HRRX Network Processor and the SiI6310 HRTR RF Transceiver are targeted for integration into DTVs, PC monitors and front projectors.
New WirelessHD 1.1 features to be supported by the SiI6300 family include:
- New medium rate PHY (MRP) support for more robust wireless performance
- 5 low rate PHY (LRP) channels for each high rate PHY (HRP) channel allowing more wireless video area networks (WVANs) to be co-located in close proximity
- Ability to transmit 1080p/60, Deep Color and 3D content
- Bi-directional 1Gbps data link
Features expected to help lower overall system cost include:
- Cost-effective organic RF packaging (SiI6310)
- Integrated buck converter controller for lower cost, higher efficiency modules
- Integrated HDMI(R) Audio Return Channel compatible with LR-Audio
- Smaller form factor packaging and lower power consumption ideal for mobile devices
Silicon Image’s WirelessHD chipsets embed OmniLink60 advanced adaptive beam-forming technology providing robust operation over 10m in non-line of sight (NLOS) conditions. New power savings features automatically adjust output power for optimal performance when operating or to lower power states when the chipset is not actively transmitting thereby maximizing power savings for mobile applications. By operating at 60GHz, the chipsets are designed not to suffer interference issues seen with other wireless audio/video solutions based on 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
The SK6300 WirelessHD Development Kits will be available for CE, PC and mobile manufacturers to integrate WirelessHD into their next-generation product lines. The development kits include manufacturing-ready WirelessHD modules as well as full documentation including the user guide, schematics, bill of materials, Gerber files, and reference firmware.
SiI6320/SiI6310 WirelessHD® HRTX Chipset
SiI6321/SiI6310 WirelessHD® HRRX Chipset
(Pictures from Silicon Image Website)
For more information about WirelessHD 60GHz Chipsets can be found at Silicon Image Website