TI Partner Announces Electronic Point-Of-Sale (EPOS) Solution with PCI Compliance and NFC Capability
Designers in the retail electronic transaction space can now quickly and easily develop cutting-edge portable point-of-sale applications that incorporate secure payment card processing including contactless near field communications (NFC) capabilities. This new, low-cost, turnkey electronic point-of-sale (EPOS) solution from ViewAt, a Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) partner, protects intellectual property and financial transactions while reducing development time for these latest retail transaction products by as much as a year. Following a modular design approach, the EPOS solution provides flexibility to customers seeking to differentiate products including:
- Countertop payment terminal
- Mobile payment terminal with wireless support
- Handheld data terminals with barcode scanning
- Full kiosk with barcode scanning, payment and wireless support
Complete EPOS solution offers integrated features, security, NFC and design flexibility:
- Performance and integration, including 1 GHz of fast performance with TI’s AM3715 ARM® Cortex-A8 microprocessor, to enable fluid, seamless graphics and applications with the integrated, interactive touch screen. The solution also integrates a printer, Ethernet, cellular support and mobile connectivity (Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi technologies).
- NFC capabilities provided by TI’s TRF7970A analog front-end (AFE) transceiver expand the electronic transaction potential with increased wireless connection options for transaction speed and accuracy while reducing staffing requirements.
- Security protects intellectual property and financial transactions. The EPOS reference design incorporates a third-party hardware security controller for secure boot and tamper protection. Software development for financial transaction security saves developers as much as a year of time by offering pre-evaluation for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Personal Identification Number (PIN) Transaction Security (PTS) standards through a PCI-accredited lab. This pre-evaluation by RFI Global in the United Kingdom enables software developers to obtain PCI-certification quickly and get their products to market faster.
- A full complement of TI signal chain, power management, ESD protection and logic devices to support functions like audio, battery charging, motor and touch-screen control.
- Popular operating system support leverages existing software code and expertise, further reducing time to market. Systems include Linux, Android and Windows Compact Embedded.
- Feature additions enable further product differentiation and are easy with other pin-to-pin and software-compatible TI devices (i.e., adding video with a TI DaVinci™ digital media processor).
Electronic Point-Of-Sale (EPOS) Solution
(Photo from TI Website)
More information about Electronic Point-Of-Sale (EPOS) Solution can be found at Texas Instruments Website